Sweat in your natural hair? No one likes to sweat, especially when it comes to your hair. It's no secret that summer heat can be tough on natural hair. Unfortunately, summertime heat brings with it lots of sweating, which can leave your natural hair feeling greasy, heavy, and just plain icky.
The humidity can also cause your hair to frizz and the sweat can cause your scalp to itch. But there are ways to keep your hair healthy and looking its best during the summer months.
If you're looking for some tips on how to keep your natural hair feeling fresh and clean all summer long, read on!
1. Shampoo and condition your hair regularly. Yes, typically you wouldn't wash your hair every week. However, the summer heat can and will, cause your hair to sweat and smell.
Using a shampoo and conditioner that contains peppermint and tea tree essential oils, helps to remove sweat and build-up without stripping away any of your hair's natural oils.
2. Use a light, oil-free conditioner. If you find that your hair is feeling extra greasy after sweating, try using a light, oil-free conditioner. These conditioners will help to remove any excess sweat and oil from your hair without weighing it down.
3. Avoid tight hairstyles. Tight hairstyles may look cute, but they can actually trap sweat and oil against your scalp, which can lead to breakouts. If you're going to be sweating a lot, opt for loose styles that will allow your scalp to breathe.
4. Use a clean pillowcase. Sweat can transfer from your hair to your pillowcase, so it's important to use a clean one every night. If you don't have time to wash your pillowcase every night, try using a satin or silk pillowcase, which will help to prevent sweat and oil build-up.
5. Refresh your hair with dry shampoo. If your hair is looking a little greasy after sweating, try refreshing it with a dry shampoo. Dry shampoo is a great way to absorb excess oil and give your hair a bit of extra volume. Just be sure to choose a dry shampoo that is specifically designed for use on natural hair.
The summer heat can be tough on natural hair, but there are ways to keep your hair healthy and looking its best. Be sure to shampoo and condition your hair regularly, use a light, oil-free conditioner, and avoid tight hairstyles.
Additionally, make sure to use a clean pillowcase every night and refresh your hair with dry shampoo as needed. following these tips, you can keep your natural hair feeling fresh and clean all summer long!
That's it for this week. Like what you've read? Share it with your friends on social.
As always ...
Dedicated to Your Beauty,