Caring for your natural hair after the summer heat. The summer sun can be damaging to your natural hair, leaving it dry, brittle, and lifeless. But there are some easy ways to nourish your hair and get it back to its healthy state.
1. Start with a clean slate.
Before you can start repairing summer heat damage, you need to get rid of any buildup that may be weighing your hair down. Shampoo and deep-cleansing treatments will remove excess oils, dirt, and product buildup from your scalp and strands.
2. Use a deep conditioner: Deep conditioning is a must after any exposure to the sun and heat. It helps to replenish moisture and protein lost from your hair due to the summer heat.
3. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize.
One of the best ways to combat summer hair damage is to keep your hair well-moisturized. Deep conditioners, leave-in conditioners, and oil treatments will help replenish lost moisture and repair damage from the inside out.
4. Avoid heat styling: Heat styling, such as blow drying or flat ironing, can further damage your already dried-out hair. If you must style your hair, use low heat settings and always use a heat protectant.
5. Trim your hair: Regular trims are important to get rid of any split ends that may have formed from the summer sun.
6. Protect your hair: When you know you’ll be spending time in the sun, make sure to protect your hair with a hat or scarf.
7. Drink plenty of water: Water is essential for healthy hair, skin, and nails. Make sure to drink plenty of water every day to keep your hair hydrated from the inside out.
8. Be gentle.
When you're shampooing and conditioning your hair, be sure to use gentle, circular motions. Avoid scrubbing your hair harshly, as this can further damage already fragile strands.
The summer sun can be damaging to your natural hair, but there are some easy ways to nourish it and get it back to its healthy state. Start with a clean slate by clarifying your hair and using a deep conditioner. Moisturize your hair regularly, avoid heat styling, and trim your split ends. Protect your hair from the sun, drink plenty of water, and be gentle when you're handling your strands. By following these tips, you can keep your natural hair healthy and beautiful all summer long.
By following these tips you can get your natural hair back to its healthy state after the summer sun has taken its toll.
That's it for this week. Like what you've read? Share it with your friends on social.
Dedicated To Your Beauty,