Natural hair care. Summertime is the perfect time to show off your natural hair. After all, what’s more fun than hot weather and humid air?
If you’re thinking about rocking your natural hair this summer, there are a few things you should keep in mind to make sure your hair stays healthy and happy.
1. Protect your hair from the sun. Just like your skin, your hair can be damaged by too much sun exposure. Be sure to wear a hat or scarf when you’re out in the sun for extended periods of time.
2. Keep your hair hydrated. The combination of heat and humidity can dry out your hair, so it’s important to keep it hydrated. Use a deep conditioner once a week, and be sure to drink plenty of water.
3. Avoid heat styling. If you can, try to avoid heat styling your hair this summer. Let your natural texture shine!
4. Don’t forget about trims. Even if you’re trying to grow your hair out, trims are important to keep your hair healthy. Get a trim every 6-8 weeks to get rid of any split ends.
5. Embrace your natural hair. Summer is the perfect time to show off your unique texture. Experiment with different styles and find what works best for you.
Yes, essential oils can absolutely help with natural hair care in the summertime. Here are a few of our favorite ways to use them:
1. Add a few drops of lavender oil to your conditioner to help soothe your scalp and fight dandruff.
2. Mix peppermint oil with water in a spray bottle and spritz it onto your scalp to cool down and invigorate your senses on hot summer days.
3. Use a few drops of tea tree oil in your shampoo to help control excess oil and sebum production.
4. Mix together equal parts jojoba oil and lavender oil to create a natural hair serum that will help keep your hair hydrated and looking shiny.
5. Combine peppermint and tea tree for the ultimate shampoo and conditioner treatment.
There are a few other key ingredients you’ll want to look for when choosing products for your natural hair this summer.
1. Coconut oil: This versatile oil can be used as a leave-in conditioner, heat protectant, or hair treatment.
2. Aloe vera: Aloe vera is a natural conditioner and can help to soothe a dry, itchy scalp.
3. Avocado: Avocados are packed with healthy fats that can help to nourish and moisturize your hair. For natural hair care, it's best if you use avocado oil instead of the avocado itself.
4. Shea butter: Shea butter is a great option for those with dry or damaged hair. It can help to repair and protect your hair from further damage.
Summertime is the perfect time to show off your natural hair. By following these tips and using the right products, you can keep your hair healthy and happy all summer long.
So enjoy the sun ... in moderation.
That's it for this week. Like this article? Share it with your friends on social media. As always ...
Dedicated to Your Beauty,