100% Guaranteed Secure Shopping
Thanks for your fast shipping!
What's your greatest skin care challenge?
As women and a growing number of men of color, what's your greatest skin care challenge? Whether it's dark spots, uneven skin tone, dark circles,puffiness under your eyes or hair that won't grow, you'll find a product that can possibly become the solution to your challenge.
Moisturizers and ingredients that hydrate your skin will always be your best friend, for your face, body and hair. So look for products with nourishing and nurturing ingredients. Shea butter, cocoa butter, mango butter and jojoba oils are a few of the ingredients to keep on your list.
We've got new additions to our store for you. Essential oils have been known to help calm and soothe skin and scalp irritations. Although you'll find a sample kit on the hair category page, you can use them for any of your skin and hair care needs.
The hair care sample kit has been given an upgrade. We've increased the size of the container on the shampoo and conditioners and added a hair butter sample to the mix.
Although there's beauty in your blackness, your skin is sensitive and needs protection from the sun just like everyone else. So if you know you're challenged by sunburn, add a few drops of Lavender essential oil to Jojoba and Grapeseed Oil and create a nice body oil for yourself. It will bring comfort and beauty back to your skin.
We're listening to you and your suggestions, so keep an eye on the category pages and your emails for updates.
Until next time ...
Dedicated To Your Beauty
Here are the 5 best essential oils for natural hair care. Caring for your hair is as simple as shampooing, conditioning and moisturizing, right? There's more to it, of course. Which is why you and your hairdressers have some important roles to play when it comes to having healthy, strong hair. One of the strongest things you can put to work is going to be a natural hair product using essential oils.
Relying on shampoo and conditioners that have natural ingredients, will give a better approach to hair care. Using essential oils for hair growth and general hair care is nothing new. Yet, it is something that a lot of people don't know about. So, what role do essential oils play in natural hair care?
Here's what you should know!
There are lots of different options for natural hair care in the world of essential oils. When you're looking for a combination of healthy and glossy strong locks, some of the best examples are below to help you out with all of those goals. Take a look to see which is the right one for you to try. They've been known to help make your hair easier to grow without breakage.
● Peppermint essential oil: This is probably amongst the most popular of choices for those that are used to the idea of natural hair care. Slightly cold and tingling, this helps promote hair growth where it is applied since it increases circulation. You'll find it a lot of shampoos and conditioners. There’s also some research suggesting that peppermint oil can increase the follicle depth and increase the amount of follicles on your scalp, too, making it a great choice when you’re looking for a way to help minimize hair loss and even enjoy a more natural thickness.
● Rosemary essential oil: When hair loss is on your mind, rosemary essential oil is said to perform as well as many of the medical shampoos for just this issue. When you’re looking at the scent factor, too, this will smell much better than the medical options. Helping stimulate hair growth and follicle strength, this will help minimize and even reverse thinning in some cases.
● Lavender essential oil: Who doesn’t love the smell of lavender, right? It’s well-loved for more than just its calming scent, though. This has dedicated antimicrobial and antibacterial properties that will help keep your scalp in good health. It is a great way to general healthy cells on your scalp, which can help promote easier and faster hair growth.
● Tea tree essential oil: This essential oil is a popular one for hair care and can be found in quite a few shampoos and conditioners. It has powerful antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, making it ideal for when you are looking at helping your scalp recover from dandruff or other scalp conditions that tend to be stubborn. It also is going to help unclog hair follicles and can even help increase hair growth! For those that have oily scalps or deal with scalp acne or dandruff, tea tree essential oil works well.
● Chamomile essential oil: You’ve probably heard of chamomile being used in tea because it soothes and calms you before you go to bed, right? Well, it does the same thing for your hair! It calms hair from root to tip and also is going to help promote shine, too. Great for those with overworked and stressed hair that also need a boost in its glossy appeal, too.
There are so many options that you can make by combining these essential oils with carrier oils to create powerful natural hair serums. However, how you mix them and use them is going to determine just how effective they are. Many people who are inexperienced with essential oils will make mistakes that may not allow them to be as effective when it comes to their potential pros. Some of the most common mistakes include:
● Not using a carrier oil: Majority of essential oils will require a carrier oil. Unless the oil that you are using specifically says that you don’t need a carrier oil, make sure that you are familiar with which one you like most ,and how to use it! Not using a carrier oil prevents the active ingredients from spreading around your scalp and can even be dangerous! Common carrier oils are coconut oil, olive oil, and almond oil.
● Using too much at once: Essential oils are very potent by nature (hence the need for carrier oil). If you use too much of your mixture at once, it may cause damage or not work as directed. It’s important to follow the instructions so that you can get the results that you expect. Same goes for using too little, of course.
● Not spreading it effectively on your scalp: These oils are intended to be massaged into your scalp, since that’s where they’ll be working their natural magic. You’ll need to get comfortable really working the oils directly into your scalp thoroughly and then following the instructions for how and when to rinse them off.
Since everyone is different, some of these may work better than others. If one doesn’t work as effectively as you had hoped, consider trying another option instead. In most cases, natural ingredients will almost always work as well as, if not better than, medical products for your scalp. Don’t let their marketing fool you!
What it comes down to is that the best essential oils for natural hair care are effective -- but you must use them properly. These examples are well-loved for their therapeutic effects when it comes to having thick, healthy, long, and strong hair. Start out with the one that sounds most appealing to you (either due to its scent or its intended purpose) and see for yourself just what the right approach to natural hair care can do!
That's it for this week. As always ...
Dedicated to Your Beauty,