Melanin. You hear about it, read about it, yet do you really understand what makes it so special in your life? As quiet as it's kept, you're envyed for how beautiful it makes your skin look. It's what makes you unique.
Here are just a few:
Melanin protects you from the harmful effects of the sun.
The more melanin you have, the more protection you have from the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays. Melanin absorbs UV light and converts it into heat, which then dissipates from the skin. This helps to protect the skin’s DNA from damage that can lead to skin cancer.
Melanin gives your skin its color.
The amount of melanin in your skin determines your skin color. People with more melanin have darker skin, while people with less melanin have lighter skin. You're like fudge folk in a universal candy store.
Melanin is an important part of the skin’s immune system.
Melanin helps to protect the skin from harmful bacteria and viruses. It does this by producing an enzyme that kills bacteria and viruses.
Melanin is anti-inflammatory.
The presence of melanin in the skin helps to reduce inflammation. This is because melanin has antioxidant properties that help to scavenge free radicals and neutralize them.
Melanin makes your skin look younger.
Studies have shown that melanin can help to protect the skin from damage caused by environmental factors such as pollution and UV rays. This protection helps to keep the skin looking younger for longer.
You still can abuse your skin. Lifestyle choices, be it nutrition or other habits will age your beautiful melanated skin.
So, as you can see, your melanin-rich skin is special for many reasons. Embrace your beautiful, unique complexion and take care of your skin!
The best way to care for melanin-rich skin is to use products that are specifically designed for your type of skin. Here are a few tips:
1. Avoid the high exposure to the sun during the peak hours of 10am to 4pm.
2. Wear protective clothing when outdoors, such as a sheer long-sleeved shirt and flowing skirt. Cotton and linen fabrics are best. They will allow your skin to breathe while protecting it from the sun.
3. Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated. You'd be surprised at how beautiful and healthy your skin will look with an increase in water intake.
4. Eat a healthy diet that includes plenty of fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables can supply you with nutrients and hydration. Cucumbers and watermelons are high in water content.
5. Use gentle, non-abrasive cleansers on your skin. A good cream-based cleanser will keep your skin clean without stripping it of its natural oils.
6. Use a moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated.
7. Exfoliate your skin on a regular basis to remove dead skin cells and promote cell turnover.
8. Whenever possible, see a skin care therapist (esthetician) for a deep cleansing facial. Your melanin rich skin will thank you for it.
Does Melanin Help to Keep Your Skin Moisturized and Soft?
The presence of melanin in your skin helps to keep it moisturized and soft. This is because melanin has properties that help to lock in moisture and keep the skin hydrated.
Does Melanin Help Your Skin to Repair Itself After Injury, Keeping It Healthy and Strong?
The presence of melanin in your skin helps it to repair itself after injury, keeping it healthy and strong. This is because melanin has properties that help to stimulate cell regeneration and promote healing.
Your melanin-rich skin is special for many reasons. Embrace your beautiful, unique complexion and take care of your skin!
That's it for this week. Like what you've read, share it with your friends.
As always ...
Dedicated to Your Beauty,